Monday 9 June 2008

Mel B joins up with Janet

FORMER Spice Girl Mel B has announced that she will be recording a duet with Janet Jackson for her new album, trusting that the collaboration will score her chart success.
The Spice Girls star's last single Today failed to break the UK Top 40 when it was released in 2005.She said: "I am doing something with Janet Jackson which should be amazing. I am also going to hook up with Missy Elliott again." Mel teamed up with Missy Elliott for her debut solo track I Want You Back. The 1998 track was her only single to top the UK charts after she left the Spice Girls. The 33-year-old singer insists she isn't worried about going it alone again and is convinced she has the best people in the music business working on her third solo LP. Mel added: "I am not scared of having another try. I am working with the best producers ever. I am now 10 tracks in to my new record." The star's previous albums were Hot, which was released in 2000 and 2005's LA State Of Mind.